It should come as no surprise to learn that customer service is at the heart of any spa. It's certainly one of the first things I notice, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. It's always a great time evaluate the customer service your spa delivers and look for ways you and your staff can improve. Here, Dermalogica's sales guru Sheila Winslow share her eight simple rules for better customer service:
1. Be your own cheerleader. Show excitement about the products you sell and the services you offer.
2. Channel your inner Girl or Boy Scout: Be prepared and be resourceful.
3. Let angry customers vent, and listen carefully to all their points.
4. Apologize and show empathy. Let upset customers know you're sincerely interested in what they have to say.
5. Resolve the problem quickly.
6. Don't look to blame—look for the solution.
7. End every situation on an upbeat note.
8. Never forget to thank your customers for their business.