When I think of a relaxing spa getaway, there are quite a few destinations that beat out New Jersey in my mind. A recent day trip to a Garden State suburb known for its high-end shopping, however, has me questioning my snap judgment. Inside the Eforea Spa at Hilton Short Hills (NJ), I was whisked up and away to a peaceful state of bliss at the hands of master therapist Sean Jordan, who created the trio of Journey Enhancements for Hilton. His expertise was apparent with a careful use of pressure and calming breaths. I felt completely in the moment and was able to tune out my whirring thoughts, at least for a little while. The treatments deliver the most effective therapeutic experience to guests by focusing on three regions of the body, which are known for having condensed nerve endings and holding tension:
- Head & Face: This illuminating experience is inspired by mystical practices of ancient Indian massage and Thai therapies to help guests find clarity.
- Shoulder, Neck & Scalp: This deeply relaxing experience
- draws from Chinese acupressure, trigger-point therapy, and
- traditional methods of Swedish massage to help release stress.
- Feet: This foot and leg experience combines the richness of ancient Egyptian reflexology with spiritual concepts of Native American healers to help spa-goers feel grounded.
For those with limited time, each enhancement can be booked as a stand-alone service, and spa-goers who prefer to linger longer can add them to one of the signature Journeys. “Our guests seek balance more than ever before and turn to us for the latest wellness solutions and methods,” says Ryan Crabbe, senior director of global wellness, Hilton Worldwide. “With our re-inspired Eforea Spa concept, we take our team members and guests to an even deeper level of understanding of how wellness has the power to leave people feeling healthy and brighter.”