For me, it is not very hard to find an excuse to relax. Relaxation is one of my top remedies for body healing, whether I need to get over a cold or just calm my spirit. Any tired soul will have an excuse to relax today, National Relaxation Day. Here are some special treatments spas around the world are offering their guests to relax in style today and any day:
- The Spa at Four Seasons Washington, D.C., is offering clients a special Aromatherapy Massage and Foot Treatment in commemoration of National Relaxation Day. The Aromatherapy Massage ($185, 50 minutes; $210, 80 minutes) is the ideal way to unwind after a hectic day in the city. The treatment is filled with soothing botanical scents from essential oils designed to calm and reinvigorate the senses. Stimulate the nervous system, and to improve overall wellbeing. The massage is followed by a complimentary Cooling Foot Treatment, which utilizes a peppermint scrub and lotion to sooth guests’ tired soles.
- Coveted for its stimulating and soothing properties, amethyst offers peace, calmness and positive energy. The South is also the only region in America where it can be mined. Drawing from amethyst’s mythical past, The Amethyst Spa at The Restoration (Charleston, SC) offers an Amethyst Signature Meridian Massage ($155, 50 minutes; $205, 80 minutes) for guests to unwind and rebalance for National Relaxation Day. The therapist utilizes a variety of massage modalities to relieve over-exerted muscles and rebalance the guest’s energy. Energy points and meridians will be targeted with Amethyst crystals, stones, and warm oils charged with Amethyst, Aquamarine, and Sapphire.
- The Mayflower Grace (Washington, CT) is the ultimate New England hideaway that allows guests to completely relax their mind, body and soul. The 20,000-square-foot spa offers a number of unique spa experiences in addition to traditional services and treatments, including Forest Bathing (starting at $110, 2 hours), which promotes health and wellness by integrating the natural outdoor world with the mindful practice of present moment hiking by engaging all the senses Guests deepen themselves into the present moment while embracing the mind, body, spirit, and soul connection in nature and experience the healing effects that only a "bath" in nature can provide.
- Much like the ancient Tibetan Bowls, sound bowls can be used as healing tools. Coupling awareness and intent during their use can demonstrably increase their effectiveness. Simply listening to the rich, pure, vibrant tone of a bowl can be deeply relaxing as well as rejuvenating, eliciting a deep state of wellbeing, Sound Healing ($150, 60 minutes) can lead the body into homeostasis, an optimum state for self-generative healing. This special journey includes breath work, meditation, intention setting, and the use of these unique bowls.
- Retreat to The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn (San Diego, CA) for National Relaxation Day for a tranquil oasis in San Diego’s North County, offering an extensive array of massages, facials, and body treatments which can be enjoyed indoors or out. Special to Rancho Bernardo Inn are the seasonal Made Fresh Daily treatments, which utilize fresh herbs and locally grown produce, provide an exquisite organic spa experience. This summer's Made Fresh Daily Treatment, “Tropical Passion” ($190, 80 minutes) offers a full body treatment including a pineapple body scrub, coconut milk body mask, and finished with a coconut and orange oil massage, served with a complimentary sparkling pineapple-orange refresher. Coconut oil aids in fighting infections and increasing energy, while pineapple acts as a natural anti-inflammatory skin exfoliant, and coconut milk and orange oil provide antioxidants, boost immunity and more.
- For travelers looking for a blissful getaway during National Relaxation Day, The Mulia Spa at The Mulia & Mulia Villas (Bali, Indonesia) has launched a lifestyle wellness program that includes personal attention, luxury amenities, and a myriad of activities that embrace fitness, sensible dining and holistic achievement. Travelers and yogi enthusiasts alike can recharge, rebalance and explore their yoga practice within the beauty of the gentle Balinese culture. Located on the majestic coastline of Nusa Dua, The Full-Day (5-6 hours) or Half-Day (4 hours) Lifestyle Wellness Program (starting at $500) includes personal attention, luxury amenities, and a myriad of activities that embrace fitness, sensible dining and holistic achievement. The program includes customized healthy dining options (each meal is 300 calories or less), low-impact fitness classes such as a sunrise yoga class, aqua aerobics class, etc., and signature treatment options including facial treatments and a blend of unique body treatments, wraps, and massage techniques.
How is your spa celebrating National Relaxation Day?