With Thanksgiving behind us and the holiday season in full swing, juicing can be a great way to get your full servings of fruits & veggies, stay energized and look your best throughout the holiday season. Fruits and vegetables are naturally high in antioxidants (and more concentrated in fresh juices.) Antioxidants help to detoxify the body and boost the immune system. Nutrient packed juices quickly provide essential antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are essential for beautiful glowing skin, hair and nails.
When juicing with fruits & vegetables it is best to choose organic for maximum nutrient density (and minimize exposure to chemical residues.) Some of the best include;
- Garlic (supports healthy immune system)
- Blueberries/Blackberries (source of fiber, antioxidants)
- Beets (supports healthy liver function)
- Spinach (source of iron, B vitamins, vitamin C – promote collagen production)
- Strawberries (source of fiber, antioxidants)
- The Cabbage Family (supports digestion & liver function)
- Kale (rich in calcium)
- Carrots – (source of beta carotene (photo protectant for skin)
- Tomatoes – (source of lycopene - photoprotectant for skin)
- Apples (source of fiber, vitamin C – promote collagen production)
Health Benefits of Natural Juices & Broths
1. They're raw – therefore nutrient density is not compromised.
2. They're quickly absorbed – the juices are assimilated and absorbed much quicker that solid foods.
3. They're time efficient – you can get super concentrated amounts of vital nutrients quickly and easily.
1 celery stalk
1 beet with the greens
handful of wheatgrass
handful of parsley
Process all ingredients in juicer. Serve immediately.
This drink contains plenty of chlorophyll, beta- carotene, vitamin C, antioxidant rich polyphenols and essential vitamins/minerals to nourish the skin from within.
Yours in Health & Beauty,