- Paint two coats of White on White over entire nail. Wait for it to dry completely.
- Adhere two pieces of tape in a “V” at the desired angle.
- On the corner of a makeup sponge, paint thin stripes of Highlight of My Summer, Sun of a Peach, and Bottoms Up right next to each other.
- Dab sponge with lacquer onto the untaped section of the nail multiple times.
- For a more intense look, allow lacquer to dry, and repeat.
- Before polish design dries, gently remove the tape.
- Seal manicure with Fast Forward.
- File nails into a long, almond shape.
- Start with two coats of Amazing Grace, an opaque pure white lacquer.
- Follow with one coat of I Kissed A Girl, a pink from the Run the World (Girls) set.
- Finish with one coat of Between The Sheets, a tantalizing fuchsia.
- Glue a pyramid stud one-eighth of an inch above the cuticle in the center of each nail.
It’s So Easy
Nautical Nail Art
- Apply a base coat.
- Paint all but accent finger with two to three coats of white polish. Allow to dry completely.
- Paint accent nail with two coats of red polish. While second coat is still wet, apply rhinestones in anchor design.
- Use blue Stripe Rite to create horizontal stripes across white nails.
- Use red Stripe Rite and Double Up dotting tool to paint anchor on one accent nail.
- Top coat with Nail Art Sealer to seal and protect nail art.
- Prep the nail using CND’s Shellac protocol.
- Apply a layer of Base Coat, and cure for 10 seconds under the CND UV Lamp.
- Apply a vertical coat of Pink Bikini to two-thirds of the nail.
- Apply a vertical coat of Water Park to remaining one-third of the nail, and cure for two minutes.
- Repeat the previous two steps.
- Apply Black Pool in a wavy line where Pink Bikini and Water Park meet, and cure for two minutes. Repeat as needed. If necessary, use the Gel Flat Oval Brush lightly moistened with IPA to touch up the design.
- Using a stylus, apply evenly spaced black dots on the Black Pool wave.
- Using a stylus, apply a dot of Lobster Roll in the center of every other black dot and a dot of Grape Gum in the center of the remaining alternating black dots. Cure for two minutes.
- Apply a thin layer of Top Coat, and cure for two minutes.
- Wipe with 99 percent isopropyl alcohol to remove the top film.
- Prep nails with one coat of TrueBond Primer.
- Bond lacquer to nail with one coat of TrueBond Basecoat.
- On each finger, apply a layer of Transcend one-third of the way down the nail near the cuticle.
- Layer Introspective on the middle area, slightly overlapping Transcend.
- Add Energy to the tip of the nail, slightly overlapping Introspective.
- TIP: Be sure to do one nail at a time so they don’t overdry and blend better.
- Finish with TrueBond Top Coat for long-lasting wear.