While I love the culinary aspects of Thanksgiving as much as anyone, one of my favorite parts of this holiday is spending time reflecting on the year’s blessings. Turns out my colleagues here at American Spa feel the same way. So, we’ve all taken a moment to compile a list of things for which we are grateful. As you can see, it’s been a busy year full of wonderful gifts for us all.
- “I’m grateful for my health and the support of a wonderful husband and family. Without all of these, I wouldn’t be able to do a job that I absolutely love and keep up with my 2-year-old son and daughter-to-be, who will be arriving right around Thanksgiving, making this holiday extra special for me this year.”—Julie Keller Callaghan, editor-in-chief and publisher
- “Every day of the week and twice on Sundays, I am thankful for my beautiful daughter, Quinn, my nephews, Decker and Finley, and our family. This year, I will focus on my profound gratitude that, although for too short a time, their lives have been blessed and influenced by their grandfather, Dan Lupton, who we lost this past year. There are no words to describe how lucky we are to have had him in our lives.”—Dana Lupton, executive vice president, Beauty & Wellness Group
- “I am so grateful to work in such an inspiring industry in a job I truly enjoy. Not only do I get to spend my days writing but I also get to see the world and share my experiences with others. It really is a blessing to do what you love and love what you do.”—Heather Mikesell, executive editor
- “It has been a busy year with lots of exciting challenges. I am so thankful to have such a supportive and loving husband and family, as well as a strong group of friends who continuously help me navigate the work-life balance.”—Lucy Hugo, eastern region account manager
- “I am thankful for my husband’s ability to make our family laugh during stressful moments.”—Kristina Panter, director, integrated media sales, western region
- “I’m thankful for a lovely first year of marriage to my wonderful husband. We are delighted to be expecting our first child at the end of January, so it’s been exciting, as well as very happy.”—Carolyn Bouchard, art director
- “I’m thankful for my health and a healthy family. I truly appreciate the ability to be active, run races, and explore with the people I love and care about and recognize that every day is a gift.”—Jennifer Nied, senior editor