Happy New Year! I’m thrilled to share our second-annual Trend Report. Our editorial team at American Spa brainstormed and compiled our thoughts and current research on what’s making waves in the spa industry this year. Here are the top ten trends worthy of your attention (and budget) this year!
- Banning the Bead Natural alternatives to harmful plastic exfoliants are becoming an environmental—and legislative—priority for the industry as microbead laws continue to sweep the nation.
- Sugar Shock Skincare manufacturers are recognizing the not-so-sweet effects sugar has on the skin.
- Bee-utiful Buzz Honey and other bee offerings are sweetening up spa menus.
- Salty Solutions This universally effective mineral is making headlines.
- At Your Service On-demand massage services are making round-the-clock treatments a reality for savvy consumers.
- Ready for Takeoff A new brand of airport spas, retreats, and more is providing a safe landing for those in need of wellness while they travel.
- How Does Your Spa Garden Grow? Gardens provide a feast for the senses in spas today.
- Yoga with a Twist Spa-goers are going with the flow thanks to hybrid yoga offerings.
- On Track for Success The popularity of wellness apps and wearable fitness technology is making it easier for clients to achieve their fitness goals.
- Relaxation Rocks Sound is making waves in the spa industry as a modern healing trend with staying power.
What are your favorite wellness trends right now?