What started as one day (Wellness Day) by one woman (Belgin Aksoy of the Aksoy Group) in one destination spa (Richmond Nua Wellness-Spa) to encourage people to live well has snowballed into a worldwide wellness extravaganza this year. Global Wellness Day on June 13 is set to be spa spectacular with events held in countries around the world. The festivities kick off with sunrise activities in Fiji followed by hundreds of events spreading through all time zones and finishing at sunset in Japan and Australia. Here are a few of the ways spas ‘Say Yes’ to wellness and help their guests do the same:
- Ciel Spaat SLS Beverly Hills (CA) offers guests a flight of four Wellness Shots: Love Me (grapefruit, ginger, agave, and lime) at check in, Cure Me (kale, spinach, cucumber, and apple) before their service, Kiss Me (pomegranate, lemon, honey, and jalapeno) after their service, and Wake Me (ginger, lemon, orange, turmeric, and cayenne) check at out.
- The Spa at Trump Chicago is hosting an open house ($75 per person) and all guests can sign up for group classes and a Polar Age Body Health Assessment plus they receive a yoga mat and a spa gift bag.
- Six Senses Spas (multiple locations) is emphasizing yoga and meditation at all locations. Depending on the location, guests can have the experiences of yoga beneath a waterfall, on a jetty, around a swimming pool, and at sunrise, individually and in classes.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay (CA) has a host of complimentary activities on tap throughout the day such as SurfSet fitness classes, yoga, guided meditation, skincare consultation by Tatcha specialists, intentional aromatherapy, and guided coastal trail hike.
- Four Seasons Hotels (multiple locations) will mark the occasion with special offerings ranging from sunrise yoga and meditation to classes and tips on healthy eating.
- Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Resort, Costa Rica is inviting both guests and locals to participate in a full day of activities, including a kayak tour, paddleboarding, stretching class, dance lessons, yoga, kids games, and more.
Is your spa saying YES to Global Wellness Day? We’d love to hear what you’re doing to participate. And stay tuned for more on how the American Spa team says YES to Global Wellness Day.