It has been said that everything is bigger in Texas, so there's no better place to celebrate the International SPA Association's 15th annual Conference & Expo than in Dallas, Texas, United States at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center. Set for Sept. 30 — Oct. 3, the ISPA Conference & Expo is the spa industry's proven resource for education and networking.
This year's Conference's theme of passion will be threaded throughout the Conference. "The ISPA 2005 Conference & Expo is appropriately centered on passion as it is the driving force behind the spa industry," said ISPA President Lynne Walker McNees. "The 2005 Conference will celebrate our industry's triumphs over the past 15 years while presenting attendees with unmatched industry tools, contacts, inspiration and energy to succeed in tomorrow's marketplaces."
The 2005 event follows the 2004 Conference in Las Vegas, Nev., that was attended by a record-breaking 3,000 spa professionals from around the globe. Once again, Conference evaluations proved that ISPA attracts the industry's principal players; the majority of last year's attendees were spa directors, CEOs and owners.
This year's Conference promises to be another blockbuster. Here's a preview of what you can look forward to at the 2005 ISPA Conference & Expo:
• Sociologist, author, educator and comedienne, Dr. Bertice Berry will return this year as the mistress of ceremonies and as the closing keynote speaker on Monday, Oct. 3. Berry became a Conference favorite when she shared her narrative as a 2003 keynote speaker.
• Ruth Stricker, founder of The Marsh, a Center for Balance and Fitness; Deborah Szekely, founder of Rancho La Puerta, Golden Door and Eureka Communities; and Dr. Kenneth Cooper, founder of the world-renowned Cooper Aerobics Center in Dallas, will be among the industry leaders featured in the opening General Session's Visionary Panel on Sept. 30.
• Learn the secret of success with Tim Sanders, author of the recently-released book 'The Likeability Factor,' and international bestseller 'Love is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends.' As a keynote speaker on Saturday, Oct. 1, Sanders will share with attendees how to achieve life dreams by improving their likeability factor through friendliness, relevance, empathy and realness.
• Internationally-known symphony conductor Boris Brott will educate attendees by having them create music with a tone bar on Sunday, Oct. 2. By drawing comparisons between business organizations and orchestras, Brott will demonstrate how each element must perform in harmony to achieve individual goals.
• A record 18 hours will offer maximum networking opportunities at the ISPA Expo. With nearly 400 booths, the Expo is the proven resource for the most cutting-edge products in the spa industry.
• Educational sessions will again include speakers from both in and outside the industry to foster strategic approaches to key areas of attendees' businesses including retail, industry trends, staffing and media relations.
• This year's host hotel, the Gaylord Texan, is home to Relâche, a luxurious 25,000-square-foot world-class, European-inspired spa. The hotel also features a fitness center complete with state-of-the-art cardiovascular machines and a recreation menu that includes biking and jogging trails and activities at Lake Grapevine, a nearby marina.
• The ISPA Foundation's Silent and Live Auctions fund research and educational initiatives within the spa industry. These popular events feature everything from the industry's hottest spa products to lavish vacations. Individuals or companies interested in making a donation to the auction can e-mail Stefanie Ashley at [email protected] or visit www.experienceispa.com for the donation form.
• The ISPA Web site, www.experienceispa.com, features the most up-to-date information on the Conference. Online is also the simplest way to register for this year's event.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2005, the International SPA Association strives to advance the professionalism of the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, to promote the value of the spa experience to society and to be the authoritative voice of the spa industry. Additional information on ISPA can be found online at www.experienceispa.com.
Spas are entities devoted to enhancing overall well-being through a variety of professional services that encourage the renewal of mind, body and spirit.
A special thank you to our 2005 ISPA Conference & Expo Sponsors
MD Beauty, Inc.
Sanijet Pipeless Hydrotherapy
B. Kamins, Chemist
Baronesse Cosmétiques USA Inc.
Germaine de Capuccini, S.A.
Hormeta Mineral Skin Care
Bissinger's Handcrafted Chocolatier
California Tan Sunless
Hay House Lifestyles
Joey New York
Silhouette Optical Ltd.
CONTACT: Debra Locker
International SPA Association
E [email protected]