In order to attract clients and increase appointment bookings for holiday nail and makeup services, be sure to formulate an effective marketing plan.
- Offer a free gift with the purchase of a gift certificate: “I always recommend a gift certificate deal where if the client purchases a certain amount of gift certificates (or a certain dollar amount in gift certificates), they are given another gift certificate for a regular manicure service for free,” says Essie’s Rita Remark.
- Promote limited-time holiday offerings during regular services: “Make your spa a one-stop shop,” says Taylor Daniel, brand namesake of Morgan Taylor Professional Nail Lacquer. “While your clients are getting their treatments done, show them holiday offerings and gift-with-purchase items.”
- Provide additional pampering to clients: “Include the lacquer they selected fort heir manicure or pedicure to take home as a gift, and offer a cuticle care add-on treatment without adding time to the manicure or pedicure service,” says Shel Pink, founder of SpaRitual.
- Promote hydration add-on services: “Hydration is particularly important during the cold months,” says Sigourney Nuñez, North America education manager at OPI.“Advertise paraffin wax services and incorporate ultra-hydrating lotions and oils into your offerings.”
- Offer complimentary holiday wrapping of giftable items: “We find that giftable offers are always a hit around the holiday season,” says Au Naturale’s Paige Peerenboom.
- Display giftable items near the cash register: “The best type of promotions is at the spa’s cash wrap, featuring grab-and-go items like high-shine lip glosses, eyeshadows, mascaras, or lip colors,” says BAM Brands USA’s Lindsay Ebbin.
- Encourage clients to stock up on a volumizing mascara and lash primer: “This combination not only gives them super bold lashes, but it also conditions and nourishes them during the colder months when, let’s face it, pretty much everything gets brittle and dry,” says Sarah Liriano, marketing coordinator at Grande Cosmetics.