Angela Jia Kim is a concert-pianist-turned-founder of Savor Beauty, a natural skincare line, facial spa, and self-care brand inspired by Korean beauty rituals. The award-winning products are made by women in New York City and are delivered fresh to Savor Spa (multiple locations) for signature facials, which have been chosen by editors from InStyle, Goop, and Elle as “Best of NY.”
Here, go behind the brand with Kim and discover what Savor Beauty is all about.
American Spa: What has been your greatest accomplishment in the industry?
- Angela Jia Kim: Creating a system of clean K-beauty-inspired products and protocols. I love watching our spa partners grow their businesses using our products and tools. It’s incredible!
AS: What about your job do you enjoy most?
- AJK: I enjoy creating and seeing concepts manifest in our company to make an impactful difference for both our customers and employees.
AS: How does your company stand out from its competitors?
- AJK: We have a special interest in partnering with women-owned spas to help them offer natural results-driven facials and to help them grow abundant businesses.
AS: How do you incorporate wellness into your daily life?
- AJK: I enjoy delicious meals, cocktails, and good company. My life is “gorgeous chaos,” so I savor moments with my daughter, doing yoga, and getting facials, of course!
AS: How do you stay passionate about what you do?
- AJK: Creativity, love, and excitement must be present in all of my endeavors, and I’m extremely intentional with anything or anyone I pour energy into.
Follow along with American Spa's Behind the Brand video series on YouTube.