While social media marketing may seem daunting, with a proper plan it can be easy to conquer. Colleen Lemos, senior public relations specialist Millennium Systems International, shares seven tips for being successful across all social media platforms.
- Have a plan. Take the time to map out your posts at least two months in advance.
- Don’t be afraid to jump on the bandwagon. Participating in viral trends, using popular hashtags, and celebrating silly holidays can help grow your social media audience and will help you stay relevant with current followers. Just don’t forget to make it relevant to your brand.
- Consistency. The most successful spas have curated a specific look and feel on social media. Stay consistent with your imagery, messaging, and posting schedule.
- Know your audience, and provide the right content. Spa owners must keep in mind that their Facebook audience may be different than their Instagram audience. While there may be content that receives engagement across all platforms, specifically tailoring your content based on your audience will help ensure its success.
- Add a social budget. Paid support can go a long way if you know how to segment and find your personas. Where does your audience hang out online? What are they watching? Who are they following? You can spend as little as a few dollars a day to boost engagement and get insight as to what people care about.
- Hashtags. Relevant hashtags can put your content in front of the right people. Research the most popular hashtags for spas, services you offer, as well as for your manufacturers and distributors. Save these hashtags in a word document or in the notes section of your phone so that you can access them quickly and add them to social posts on the fly.
- Start somewhere. If you can’t dedicate the time to be great at all platforms, start with just one and focus on maximizing engagement. Once you build a following, you can chip away at the others.