Qualities to Look for:
- Do they like people?
- How stable are they in their home life?
- Identify their passions
- Identify their goals in 2,3,5 years; identify their vision of the perfect future
- Check out their past
- Ask for references that are not relatives
- How clean are they when they come in for the interview?
- Do they volunteer for the community or others?
Behaviors to Avoid:
- Identify how they talk about others (look for negativity)
- Frequent movers
- If they have no passsions, can they care for your guests?
- Conflicting goals
- "Coarse" language
- Do they use the word "I" alot?
- Signs of impatience
By Pat Corbett, Hills Health Ranch www.hillshealthranch.com