The inaugural American Spa CBD Summit, which took place at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center (Aurora, CO) August 4-6, has received rave reviews from those within the wellness industry and beyond. With 400 attendees, 55 speakers, and more than 30 educational sessions, the event offered something for everyone.
“I’m so thrilled with how the inaugural summit came together and grateful for all of those who participated,” says Julie Keller Callaghan, American Spa CBD Summit founder and editor-in-chief and publisher of American Spa. “It truly felt groundbreaking to bring together such a passionate group of wellness and CBD professionals to learn, grow, and explore. CBD is such an exciting opportunity for those of us in the wellness community, and I feel like everyone left the event feeling galvanized to learn and do more and to share our knowledge and passion about all things CBD.”
All attendees of the event were provided with access to the full conference program, product showcases, meals, and the day-two cocktail reception, while those with the three-day VIP Pass were also treated to an opening night party with early access to the showcase area as well as a gift bag filled with CBD products. Topics discussed at the Summit included best practices and strategies for selling, marketing, and promoting CBD products and treatments; CBD and the science behind it; advice for selecting an effective CBD brand; legal, insurance, and liability info; ideas for avoiding weedwashing with CBD; advice for managing social media and other promotions amid “illegal substances” rules and regulations, and more.
Take a look at what attendees had to say:
- “The American Spa CBD Summit is the most innovative event in the industry.”—Joanna Roche, executive director, GSN Planet
- “The CBD Summit was amazing. Great education and great conversation. It’s just opening a door of knowledge—great panels talking about the CBD world and what’s happening right now. I was so impressed that it went beyond spa, too. There was a farmer sitting in front of me at one of the talks. Hopefully there’s more to come!”—Doreen Young, spa director, The Spa at The Oxford Club (Denver)
- “The inaugural American Spa CBD Summit was incredible. There were researchers, physicians, spa directors—there’s really people from all around gathered for the biggest trend I’ve seen in my 20 years. It’s incredible. You have to come next year.”—Eric Stephenson, chief wellness officer, Elements Massage
- “It is amazing. If you were there, you saw the engagement in people and the light in their eyes. The education was off the charts. Do not miss the next one.”—Allan Share, president, Spa Industry Association
- “I absolutely loved the CBD Summit. Our entire crew was there having the best time connecting with people. There were really a lot of great contacts there for us to connect with. There were a lot of great companies and brands for us to connect with, as well. We really had a great time with great interactions, and we can’t wait for next year.”—Shauna Blanch, co-owner, Color Up
- “When I first heard about the Summit, I signed up immediately because I think there’s so much misinformation and good information that’s out there that I wanted to come to a place that could really sink in and answer some questions and present some opportunities. With American Spa magazine, I knew it was a no-brainer.”—Jim Root, general manager, Mii amo, a destination spa (Sedona) and director of wellbeing, Enchantment Group
“We learned some awesome lessons from this first event, and we can’t wait to share our plans for 2020,” says Keller Callaghan. “Stay tuned!” For more information about the next American Spa CBD Summit, visit www.americanspacbdsummit.com and follow the hashtag #AmSpaCBD on social media.