When Ildi Pekar became a skincare professional more than 20 years ago, she couldn’t have predicted what trends would emerge across the wellness scene over the next two decades. A native of Budapest, Pekar likes to incorporate her cultural and educational experiences into the treatments she offers at Ildi Pekar Wellness Studio (New York City), where she has worked with numerous celebrities, beauty editors, and of course, the average New Yorker looking to relax. So when CBD exploded onto the spa scene in recent years, Pekar knew she had to figure out a way to incorporate the popular product into her popular spa.
All of Pekar’s spa treatments utilize her own I-Perkar skincare line, which features natural ingredients such as raw honey and thermal water. With the rise of cannabis in the wellness industry, Pekar took it upon herself to develop a new CBD-infused collection to add to her line. Currently, I-Pekar offers a sleeping mask, an exfoliating face polish, a balancing tincture, a tissue repair serum, and a roll-on blend all infused with CBD, all of which have been third party tested for quality and safety.
With the launch of her new CBD collection, Pekar introduced the CBD Vibe treatment to help her guests reap the myriad benefits CBD has to offer. Here, take a look at what the treatment entails.
Treatment: CBD Vibe
Length and Price: 75 minutes; $400
Description: Vibe out with natures natural therapy designed to provide an instant uplifting energy and illuminate the skin by combining the effects of CBD oil, electric stimulation, and negative ion oxygen therapy to feel lighter physically with glowing skin. Electrostatic polarization massage sends vibrations through all the skin’s layers, into the muscles underneath. The vibrations also release build up of metabolic waste, improving cell conditions. When pressure is applied with two hands in the direction of lymphatic flow, and electrostatic field pulls at the tissue. Once the field is discharged, tissue returns to its former position. The CBD ingredient is then penetrated deep into the skin to hydrate, balance, and reduce topical inflammation for longer lasting results. Oxygenating negative ion therapy helps to balance the skin PH, hydrate, and reinforces collagen production for youthful and glowing skin.
Benefits: Releases muscle tension, releases skin surface tension, visibly revitalizes skin, loosens metabolic waste, stimulates microcirculation, removes toxin deposits in the tissue, improves active substance delivery to connective tissue, speeds up recovery and healing processes, detoxifies the skin, alkalizes the skin by neutralizing acidic environments, balances body pH, deeply oxygenates the skin, increases energy levels, decreases stress and tension, reinforces collagen production for youthful and glowing skin, helps clients feel physically lighter and energetically brighter.
- Begin the treatment with a personal consultation and analyzation of your client’s skin.
- Once relaxed, begin a shoulder and neck massage to release muscle tension and increase lymph flow.
- Offer the client an optional drop of CBD Tincture and CBD infused topical oil for extra relaxation. The oil can be applied to the temple and the wrists.
- Remove any make up, and thoroughly cleanse skin with customized cleanser.
- Remove dead skin cells with CBD infused Exfoliating Face Polish—a water activated powder formula.
- Turn on LED Light Therapy machine for about 15 minutes while performing step seven.
- Massage client’s face, neck, and décolleté with the help of a vibrating, electrostatic polarization technology. This improves circulation, relaxes the body and mind, increases lymphatic flow, releases toxins, removes puffiness.
- Apply CBD infused serum and mask to the face with a professional brush, and place an oxygenating bubble over the clients head, which preforms negative ion therapy. This helps to improve relaxation, balance the skin pH, detoxify the skin, and helps penetrate the CBD products into the skin on a deeper level. Your client should stay under the bubble for 20 minutes.
- While laying under the bubble, massage the clients arms with the vibrating method. Massage should take about 5-10 minutes, then give the client some privacy until the 20 minute time period is over.
- Finish the service by hydrating the clients skin with a CBD infused serum, moisturizer and eye cream.
American Spa got to experience the CBD Vibe facial treatment at Ildi Pekar Wellness Studio in New York City. Tap through our Spa Tours Instagram Highlight reel for behind the scenes footage. And don’t miss Pekar speak at the upcoming IMPACT CBD Expo, taking place at the Town & Country Hotel in San Diego this summer. Click here for tickets.