Since 2001, Shankara has sought to work on physical, mental, and emotional levels to promote a sense of well-being. An ayurvedic skincare line, Shankara focuses on harmonizing the five elements of the body—earth, water, fire, air, and ether. In Ayurveda, everyone is made up of combinations of the five elements, which lead to how we feel both mentally and physically, and can influence our lives from what we enjoy eating to how our skin reacts to products and more. Vata, a combination of air and ether, tend to have dry skin; Kapha, a combination of earth and water, tend to have oily skin; and Pitta, a combination of fire and water, tend to have normal, sensitive, or combination skin. If you're not sure what dosha you are, try taking the Shankara Ayurvedic Skin Type Quiz to find out.
Here, discover a natural and holistic, pitta-pacifying ritual that will rejuvenate, hydrate, and soothe your client's summer skin:
- EXFOLIATE with spirulina, yucca root, and honey powder: Mix one or two tablespoons of Dead Sea Salt Scrub with a couple of pumps of Soothing Body Oil before scrubbing your client's entire body. This will purify, invigorate, naturally moisturize, and smooth the skin. An alternative to using the scrub would be to use a dry brush in vertical motions to get the lymphatic system moving.
- CLEANSE with lavender, chamomile, and geranium: Apply the relaxing, refreshing, and pH-balanced Calming Body Wash to the skin to cleanse, or pour under running bath water. Suggest clients purchase the wash from your retail area to try using as a soothing shaving lotion post treatment.
- REJUVENATE with brahmi, algae extract, and sodium hyaluronate: Apply the antioxidant rich Daily Repair Body Mist alone or underneath the Soothing Body Oil to deeply hydrate, calm, and rejuvenate the skin. This step can be offered as an optional add on service for clients after a beach day to use as a skin-calming after-sun moisturizer.
- MOISTURIZE and PROTECT with sandalwood, lavender, and geranium: Apply the Soothing Body Oil to your client's skin to keep it moisturized and protected from the elements. The calming and cooling pitta-pacifying properties are also very beneficial when used as a massage oil, bath oil, or as an after-sun moisturizer.
- HYDRATE and REFRESH with life everlasting, brahmi, and chamae rose: Mist your client's face, neck, and décolleté with the rejuvenating and soothing Rose Facial Mist. This is another product well suited for retail areas, as it can be applied as often as needed to refresh and replenish hydration in the skin.