Limoneira is one of the largest providers of lemons and avocados, and it has a unique range of citrus-infused skincare products. We connected with Limoneira's spokesperson and founder of Healthy Grocery Girl Megan Roosevelt. Here are her five ways to cut back on wasteful habits at home and in your spa.
- Don’t discard the stems of your produce. The ends of your veggies can be chopped up and added into soups, stews and sauces.
- Make sure you’re using all of your citrus fruits. Zesting the peel is a great way to add flavor to every meal.
- Use reusable shopping bags when you buy groceries. Keeping a stockpile in your car is a surefire way to make sure you don’t forget them at home! (We’ve all been there.)
- Use more glassware. Unlike disposable plastic containers, glassware can be used over and over again for all kinds of things.
- Cut down on paper and plastic waste. Switching to reusable cloth towels, facial rounds and snack bags is an easy and great way to cut back on how much paper and plastic you go through.