A celebration in a glass, Champagne is a welcome part of life’s loveliest moments, marking weddings, christenings, graduations, promotions, and holidays. For me, it has the power to elevate an ordinary day into a celebratory one, and I’m always looking for ways to squeeze in extra celebration, aren't you? With the holidays here and a New Year on the way, mixologists at Benchmark Resorts & Hotels and Gemstone Collection properties across the country certainly are, and they created festive Champagne cocktails that celebrate life, love, and libations. Incorporating local and seasonal ingredients, these Champagne cocktails are perfect for toasting to the New Year.
The Chattanoogan Hotel (Chattanooga,TN)
- 1/2 ounce Raspberry/Lemon Infused Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/4 ounce Fresh Lemon
- 4 ounces Champagne
- Garnish Lemon Twist
- Glass Flute
- Pour into flute measured 1/2 ounce of infused vodka.
- Add 1/2 ounce simple syrup and 1/4 ounce fresh lemon and stir.
- Pour 4 ounces of champagne into flute.
- Garnish with lemon twist and enjoy.
Chaminade Resort & Spa (Santa Cruz, CA)
- 1.5 oz Patrón Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz Grapefruit Juice
- .5 oz Agave Nectar
- ½ Lime Squeeze
- Combine ingredients in glass.
- Top Off With Cava Freixenet and dash of Salt
Doral Arrowwood Resort (Rye Brook, NY)
Spiced Apple Cider Champagne Cocktail
- 2 ounces Hudson Valley Cider or apple brandy
- 2 ounces fresh apple cider
- 3 to 4 ounces chilled Champagne
- Pour all ingredients into glass.
- Top with apple slices and a cinnamon stick.
The Inn at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA)
- 1 fl oz Campari
- 1.25fl oz Sweet Vermouth
- Shake Campari and Sweet Vermouth with ice.
- Pour into Champagne flute.
- Fill to top with Prosecco. Garnish with Lemon Twist.
Turtle Bay Resort (North Shore, Oahu, HI)
ISLAND THYME: a Pa’akai Craft Cocktail
- 1 ¼ oz Hendricks Gin
- ½ oz. St. Germain (elder flower liqueur)
- 1 ½ oz. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- A float of dry champagne, recommend Roeder Estate
- Fresh lemon twist (peel)
- Sprig of Thyme (gives an aromatic smell while you sip and enhances the Hendricks gin)
- Mix the Hendricks Gin, St. Germain, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and ice in a shaker.
- Pour into a martini glass, use drink strainer to hold the ice.
- Add a float of the dry champagne.
- Garnish with lemon twist and a sprig of thyme.
Cheyenne Mountain Resort (Colorado Springs, CO)
- 1 ½ ounces of Vanilla Absolut Vodka
- 1 ½ ounces of Cranberry Juice
- Prosecco Champagne
- Fresh Cranberries
- Rosemary Sprigs
- In a champagne flute, combine the vodka and cranberry juice.
- Top off with prosecco.
- Garnish with three fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
Garden of the Gods (Colorado Springs, CO)
The Pomegranate French 75
- 1.5 oz Lee’s Dry Gin
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz Prosecco
- ½ oz Pama Pomegranate Liquor
- Lemon Twist
- Float pomegranate seeds
- Coupe glass
- Using zester or paring knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral. Reserve lemon for juice and set peel aside.
- In cocktail shaker, combine Lee’s Dry Gin, lemon juice, and Pama Pomegranate Liquor. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into chilled Champagne Coupe and top with sparkling wine.
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist, float pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
The Essex Resort & Spa Essex (Burlington, VT)
The Essex Poinsettia
- 3 oz. Avissi Prosecco
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier
- ¼ oz. Lillet
- 2 oz. Cranberry and Herb Coulis
- Garnish of cranberries and sprigs of fresh sage and rosemary
- To make the cranberry coulis place a pint of cranberries, ½ cup maple syrup, orange zest, sprigs of sage and rosemary, and pint of water in a small saucepan. Set over medium heat, bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil reduce the heat to a simmer; cook until the cranberries pop open. Blend, strain and chill the sauce and set aside until making the cocktail.
- Mix chilled Lillet and Grand Mariner into your serving glass, then add prosecco slowly followed by the chilled Cranberry and Herb Coulis.
- Garnish with slivers of cranberry and a sprig of fresh sage and rosemary.
Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa (Vero Beach, FL)
Hibiscus Berry Infused Champagne Cocktail
- Hibiscus flower in syrup
- 1 ½ ounces (one shot) of Jewel of Russia Berry-infused vodka, chilled
- Champagne, chilled
- Place one hibiscus flower in the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Add vodka and then top off glass with champagne.
- Serve immediately.
- Repeat entire recipe for as many cocktails are needed.