Thanks to a recent lime shortage in Mexico, there is now demand for produce on the black market. Really. A combination of violence, severe weather, and disease has diminished citrus crops and sent prices sky high stateside just when cravings for citrus-infused spring treats hit. Though margaritas and guacamole are affected, there are still plenty of lime skincare products on the spa market to quench your thirst for tart, juicy fruit. Here are a few to tide you and clients over until the next harvest:EemerginC scientific organics ginger-lime sugar scrub A 100 percent natural, luxurious sugar scrub which exfoliates, hydrates, and conditions skin with luxurious lime oil.
- EmerginC scientific organics in lips we trust super anti-oxidant lip balm A super nourishing, soothing, protective lip balm with sweet orange peel wax, vitamin E and powerful antioxidants.
- EmerginC scientific organics at-home facial peel + clarifying kit A highly-effective 2-step at-home facial peel + clarifying kit, with easy-to-apply cotton pads, helps remove dead skin cells with natural fruit acids that renew the complexion, brighten, nourish, clarify as well as minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- EmerginC vitamin C serum One of the most stable, high concentration vitamin C serums available. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that fights free-radical damage and is a key co-factor in the production of collagen. It improves skin tone and texture, fights sun damage and improves pigmentation problems.
- Merle Norman Pink Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Put the squeeze on dry, flaky skin and treat your senses with this mouth-watering body polisher. Packed with real sugar granules, it lathers into a luxurious foamy scrub to gently slough away dead, rough cells. Skin is left incredibly smooth and enhanced with the subtle hint of citrus.
- Merle Norman Pink Grapefruit Body Butter With the most efficacious skin-soothing butters—Shea, Murumuru Seed and Palm—to provide the ultimate skin hydration. Time-released antioxidants help protect skin. Aloe, Algae and Pomegranate Extracts help soothe and condition; and natural oils help nourish skin.
More on the benefits of citrus here: The Lime Light.