Earlier this month, I ventured to Amish Country in Pennsylvania for a friend’s wedding and to soak up the best of fall. After a drive through farmland and quaint towns, I stumbled upon a bustling apple orchard and pumpkin patch. There I got my fill of autumn activities plus a hefty bag of straight-from-the-tree apples and hand-selected pumpkins for carving. Spa-goers are looking to satisfy their craving for fall festivities too and spas are catering to their wishes with National Apple Month (October) inspired offerings.
- Two new additions to the renovated Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa (San Diego) include the signature restaurant, Veladora, and The Pony Room, which features a bar and outdoor patio with fire pits. Veladora offers its signature Warm Caramelized Apple Crisp for National Apple Month made with vanilla ice cream, caramel and topped with brown sugar streusel.
- For those craving a crisp, juicy apple dish in celebration of National Apple Month at L’Auberge de Sedona (AZ), chef Rochelle’s Milk Fed Veal with Green Apples sourced from apples grown in the property’s vineyards is the perfect dish.
- Guests at Vanderbilt Grace (Newport, RI) can indulge without the guilt thanks to the Fall into Comfort: Fresh Apple Foot Ritual ($85, 45 minutes), which pampers tootsies with a local apple puree and marine salts and includes a shoulder and scalp massage to top it off.
- The Mayflower Grace (Washington, CT) proves not all apple concoctions are decadent with the Super Green Smoothie, containing kale, spinach, celery, green apple, and coconut water, and the Raw Alkaline Cleanser, a blend of cranberry, beet, celery, carrot, and apple.
- Another healthy apple-infused dish is on the menu at Bistro on the Greens at Mission Point Resort (Mackinac Island, MI). The Michigan Greens salad includes local apples, goat cheese, chopped walnuts, and white balsamic vinaigrette atop greens.
- After a long active day guests of the Lodge at Glendorn and its new Forest Spa (Bradford, PA) can make fresh pressed apple cider with apples grown on property and enjoy it hot or cold around a relaxing bonfire.
How does your spa incorporate and promote fall favorites?