More than 50,000 runners from across the country and around the world ran their way through the streets of New York City’s boroughs on Sunday. It was the annual New York City Marathon, an event that brings the whole city together to cheer on runners. After the excitement, pain, and triumph of the 26.2 mile course, runners are in need of some serious recovery and relaxation. Here are a few ways New York spas help runners on race day and beyond.
- A full day spa package at Paul Labrecque Salon & Spa at Chelsea Piers ($470 value) comes with the $7,000 donation and participation package to the race.
- Loews Regency Hotel offers the Rest, Run, Recover and Relax with the Ultimate NYC Marathon Package, which includes a three-night stay on Park Avenue, Recovery Massage in Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa, a marathon gift basket (includes hand warmers, leg warmers, Sweaty Betty merchandise such as water bottle, headband, and socks), a pre-fixe pre-race dinner in The Regency Bar & Grill, and choice of a “Light 5k Run” or “Yoga/Recovery Walk” through Fit Tours NYC.
- Oasis Day Spa is offering 20 percent off Kneipp collection for runners who show their race ID/marathon bib.
- The Pierre has an Ultimate Marathon Package on tap. It comes with free sneakers, house-made energy drinks, a gourmet pre-race pasta dinner, chauffeured transportation to the race, and a drawn bath post-race, among other perks.
- Gansevoort Meatpacking and Park Avenue is offering a Get Laced package which includes Gu Energy Gels, bottled water, vouchers for Juice Press juices, custom running maps, and a recovery kit containing bath salts, Tiger Balm, and a discount at Exhale Spa.
- Kimpton Hotel’s features a Run the City package, which includes meals to fuel up runs, wellness gift bags, and free bike rentals and in-room yoga mats to stretch out tight muscles. Kimpton’s Ink48 also offers a free Runner’s Amenity Kit, which can be a lifesaver for forgotten items. This package is available through the end of November, so anyone inspired by the New York City Marathon can book it post-race and get a jumpstart on training for next year.
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park and The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park have joined forces for The NYC Marathon Package, which is designed to make race weekend as streamlined as possible with overnight accommodations starting in Battery Park pre-race and moving uptown post-race, luggage transportation, welcome pack of energy gels and a muscle roller, a specialty live pasta making station for pre-race dinner, and a 60-minute Muscle Repair Massage at La Prairie Spa.