Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts recently debuted a new menu of Vitality drinks that keep guests feeling great from morning to night, created by master mixologists from 30 locations worldwide. Here, Dan McGee, executive chef at Swissôtel Chicago, shares the recipes for three delicious healthy cocktails. They feature vitamin C- and fiber-rich mango, which he says is “also called the ‘love fruit’ for aphrodisiac qualities;” chia seeds, which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that regulate metabolism and lower blood pressure; and vitamin E- and carotenoid-rich bell peppers, which he calls “impressive” for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients that “might provide us with important anti-cancer benefits.” With such powerful benefits, these blissful blends will soon be the toast of the town.
- 2 tbsps of Monin Mango Syrup
- 5 tbsps of freshly pressed orange juice
- 5 tbsps of passion fruit
- 4 tsps of freshly pressed lemon juice
1. Mix all ingredients and heat to about 150 F, and serve hot.
- 4 tbsps of ginger syrup (made from 5 ounces of ginger, 2 cups of water, 9 ounces of sugar, and the zest of 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsps of fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- Topped with soda water
1. Dice ginger into small pieces, or run through the blender.
2. Pour water into a pot, add ginger and lemon zest, and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer with closed lid for 20 minutes at medium heat.
4. Strain the mixture, and place back into pot.
5. Add sugar, and reduce by half.
6. When mixture begins to foam, remove the syrup from the heat.
7. Once syrup is cool, combine all ingredients together.
8. Let chia seeds gel in mixture before serving.
- 2 ounces of preferred gin
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of simple syrup
- 1/8 of a red bell pepper
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 bar spoon of peppercorns
1. Cut the bell pepper into small pieces, and add together with sage, peppercorns, and simple syrup to a shaker, and muddle.
2. Add other ingredients together with ice, and shake.
3. Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish with bell pepper and a sage leaf.