The Aveda Congress recently gathered in the company’s hometown of Minneapolis. From October 1-3, Aveda’s artistic team wowed the crowd of more than 4,000 industry professional’s in celebration of the creativity and artistry of hairdressing. The congress honored the industry’s top talent, and inspired and educated beauty professionals with cutting-edge presentations. The artistic team incorporated Aveda’s message of social and environmental responsibility with magnificent creations. Directed by Antoinette Beenders, Aveda’s Global Creative Director, the evening performance was inspired by the elements of the earth, air, infinity, and water.
Here is a look at some of Aveda’s extraordinary presentations that took place on stage:
- The Aveda Global Artistic Team including, Ian Michael Black and Yuji Okawa, Aveda hair color directors; Janell Geason, Aveda make-up director; Ricardo Dinis, Aveda haircutting director; and Allen Ruiz, style director presented the Jewels of the Earth Collection, haircolor and makeup that were inspired by the 1970’s and 1920’s in beautiful gemstone hues.
- Aveda guest artist, David Adams introduced the new Aveda Full Spectrum Pure Pigments line, launching in 2012, while Ana Karzis and Lupe Coss presented their version of the top color trends and techniques.
- Aveda guest artist, Jon Reyman joined a representative from each of the 57 Aveda institutes to demonstrate cutting techniques.
- The Van Michael Salon team presented modern and texture looks for men and women.
- Aveda Men Purefessional, Tim Howard created a variety of different colors and styles for men.
- Peter Gray demonstrated a live photoshoot that focused on how stylists can draw inspiration from daily life.
- Guest artist Tipper Shorter, presented her celebrity-inspired looks ranging from editorial and red carpet styles to everyday wear.
- Ray Civello and the Aveda Canada team created a wide range of styles that were inspired by a variety of cultures and time periods.