Last year, 56 percent of plastic surgeons saw a rise in cosmetic procedures and injectables in clients under the age of 30. However, it can often be a challenge to get a client to commit to receiving cosmetic procedure, no matter a client's age. Fred G. Fedok, M.D., facial plastic surgeon and American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) president, gives his advice on when to offer a client a Botox treatment.
1. If they are seeing crow's feet.
2. Do they have eyebrows that sag? Botox can lift this area, and the client avoids surgery.
3. It can fix a perma-frown or the small lines around the corner of the mouth.
4. When you see bunny lines. These are the lines around the nose that become more noticeable with smiling.
5. The client is complaining about orange peel skin around the chin area.
“There is no specific age we declare to be ‘too young’ for injectables," says Fedok. "As with any procedure, the first step is to set up a consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation."