CoverWell by InjectSure, a pay-per-procedure insurance that protects the client, the business, and its licensed practitioners against the inherent risks of common cosmetic and wellness procedures not covered by health, general liability, and malpractice insurance officially launched at last year's Florida Spa Association event in Key Largo, FL, and is now available in all 50 states.
This simple, affordable insurance product was developed over eight years by personal injury attorney, Patrick Tighe, and board-certified plastic surgeon, Daniel Kapp, M.D., who saw both patients and businesses suffer as a result of medical complications from aesthetic procedures. The policy is paid for by the client at the time of service and the client and business become co-insureds, receiving coverage up to 60 days after the procedure for up to $250,000 in corrective care costs. Averaging just 6% of the cost of a treatment, CoverWell can easily be bundled into the cost of any service, while keeping prices competitive. “We know that the vast majority of skin and bodycare procedures are trouble-free,” says Tighe. “But the little-known reality is that if something goes wrong or there is a bad reaction from a procedure, there has always only been one option for remediation. Sue the establishment for malpractice, wait on average 24 months for the suit to be tried and settled, most often resulting in pain and suffering to the client, a lost customer and a serious chance of reputational damage to the business. Meanwhile, the nature of these injuries is that they need immediate care to mitigate the damages, but the client must pay up front for any repairs or treatment. To help solve this vexing issue, we developed a warranty-type product so patients could access medical benefits within days of experiencing a complication. In addition, InjectSure covers both the client and provider within 60 days from each procedure, replacing stress and worry with confidence and peace of mind.”
Some of the medical aesthetic and skin and body enhancement procedures covered by this new, value-added insurance include:
- Cosmetic Injectables and Dermal Fillers: Restylane, Radiesse, Botox, Juvederm, Sculptra, Dysport, Belotero, Bellafill, Allē
- Body Contouring: CoolSculpting, Cooltone, UltraShape, VelaShape, TruSculpt, Zerona, EmScuplt, BTL Vanquish, Liposonix, Emtone
- Laser Treatments: IPL, Fractional Lasers, Laser Hair Removal, Erbium Laser, Pulse-Dye Lasers
- Spa and Wellness Treatments: Body Wraps, Acupuncture, Hydrotherapy, Moxibustion, Massage, IV Therapy, Colonics, Cryotherapy
- Beauty and Body Art: Eyelash Extensions, Permanent Makeup, Tattooing, Piercing
- Skincare Treatments: PRP, Microneedling, Hydrafacial, Chemical Peel
- Sexual Health: Emsella, MonaLisa Touch, MOJO Therapy, Vaginal Rejuvenation
For more information, contact: [email protected].