Neck aging is complex and involves a myriad of contributing factors, interdependencies, and individual muscle structures. Fortunately, there are cutting-edge beauty treatments and procedures available, both non-surgical and surgical solutions, that can help treat neck aging. CosmetiCare, an award-winning cosmetic plastic surgery center and medical spa based in Orange County, CA, is here with five treatments that can help patients beat turkey neck for good:
1. Mini facelift and neck lift: During a mini facelift, the fat underneath the chin can be removed, improving the look of a “turkey neck.” By removing the fat and tightening remaining tissue around the neck this also creates more definition around the chin. Ideal candidates for a facelift are between the ages of 40 to 60 years old; however, this surgery sees its best results for patients in their 70s. Of course, genetics can also play a role and one may be eligible for a lift regardless of their age. Results are immediate; however, it can take several weeks or months for swelling to go down to see the full result.
2. Liposuction and Facetite (under the chin): Liposuction of the neck can help with a more defined neckline permanently. Something to keep in mind is that liposuction can remove excess fat, but does not significantly improve sagging skin. A good candidate for neck liposuction would be someone in their 20s to early 50s who has good skin elasticity. Facetite is a nonsurgical Facelift alternative that is typically added to a liposuction procedure and uses radio frequency to stimulate the production of collagen, which is an important protein for the skin's structure. This then defines the jawline, while also removing excess fat using liposuction. Results are immediate, although swelling may distort results at first. Final results will continue to improve over the course of six months to a year, as collagen production increases and results in continuous improvement of skin laxity.
3. CoolSculpting: CosmetiCare’s Coolsculpting Mini Applicator is designed to treat smaller pockets of fat under the chin and jawline. CoolMini treatments are a non-surgical treatment that freezes fat cells by applying a precise level of coldness from outside the skin to the designated treatment area. Once frozen and killed, the body will naturally eliminate the adipose cells in the following weeks after treatment. This process is commonly known as Cryolipolysis and is a safe way of targeting and eliminating stubborn fat. This treatment has little to no recovery time and is the least non-invasive service we offer to correct double chin or turkey neck. CoolSculpting treatments typically need at least two rounds to start seeing results. However, one can expect to see results from the first session in roughly four to six weeks.
4. Kybella: Kybella is a treatment that aims to treat submental fullness also known as a “double chin.” It’s the first-and-only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of the double chin. The active ingredient in Kybella is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella enables the destruction of fat cells. CosmetiCare recommends this treatment because it's a safe and quick alternative for those looking to treat a double chin or turkey neck without surgery. This treatment usually requires two rounds to see best results; however, after the first treatment one can expect to see results in about four to six weeks.
5. Morpheus8: Morpheus8 is a micro-needling device that triggers collagen production in the dermal tissue, while emitting radio frequency heat energy to tighten the skin. Morpheus8 is minimally invasive and delivers great results for all skin types. This treatment works in milliseconds allowing for a significant reduction in treatment time, minimizing skin injury and increases treatment uniformity. Visible results can be seen within a few days, but it typically takes three to four weeks for the most noticeable results to appear. Results may continue to improve up to three months after treatment.