Heading into autumn, clients may be ready to do something a bit more radical when it comes to their anti-aging treatments. Michael Lin, M.D., a Beverly Hills-based dermatologist, has shared his thoughts on the best procedures for a fall makeover fit for 2016:
Botox around the eyes to lift the brow: Botox isn’t just helpful for erasing lines along the forehead. You can prevent crow’s feet from appearing when smiling by having Botox injected around the eyes to lift the brows. This procedure works by relaxing the muscles that normally pull the skin downwards to keep the eye area looking awake and refreshed.
Chemical peels and facial plumping to rejuvenate the skin: Treating the skin to a facial after a chemical peel is a great way to remove damaged layers of skin while speeding up the healing process by applying nourishing ingredients that help rejuvenate and soothe the complexion. Depending on skin type, there are two common peel and facial combinations:
- Anti-Aging: Glycolic acid (AHA) peels, followed by a facial mask packed with antioxidants is an ideal anti-aging combination. The glycolic helps smooth away fine lines, while antioxidants fight free-radical damage that can cause premature aging.
- Acne Treatment: Salicylic acid (BHA) peels, followed by facial extractions and a fruit enzyme mask is an ideal acne-fighting combination. The salicylic acid helps unclog pores while readying them for extractions. A fruit enzyme mask can help soothe inflammation while also ridding the skin of dead cells to purify the complexion.
Wellness IV Injections: If clients feel like they’ve overindulged during recent vacations, there are a few IV Infusions that can help renew, detox, recover and enhance their wellbeing. Sometimes the body needs support to replenish and build depleted core nutrients. Some of the IV infusions offered at Lin’s office that can help get the body back on track include:
- Renew and Recover: Includes a combination of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C, and amino acids to restore lost core nutrients.
- Age-Reversal: A combination of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C, and glutathione to detoxify, renew, and rejuvenate aging body cells,
- Weight Loss with HCG: A combination of B vitamins that speed the metabolism and human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) hormone that helps reset weight homeostasis. HCG is a hormone that helps fight fat.
Michael Lin, M.D., is a California-licensed physician and board-certified dermatologist. He is a Diplomat of the American Academy of Dermatology, Adjunct Professor of Clinical Medicine at University of Southern California, and Fellow of the American Society for Mohs Surgery. After receiving his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, Dr Lin completed his dermatology residency training and National Institutes of Health research fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr Lin is the creator of Dr Lin Skincare, a retail skin care product line available on-line and in-store at retailers like Ulta, Walmart, and Bed Bath and Beyond.