Norman Rowe, M.D., plastic surgeon, shares predictions for the top surgery trends for 2022.
Top trends include:
- Qwo: Qwo is a new injectable treatment that takes 10 minutes or less, where collagenases are injected directly into cellulite and immediately goes to work dissolving collagen bands, reducing the look and feel of cellulite.
- Aesthetic Injectables: Fillers for lips and face, and other injectable cosmetics are (as predicted) continuing to boom, allowing patients to have long-lasting results without permanent effects.
- UltraShape: Using ultrasound energy, UltraShape is able to target fat cells, destroying them instantly, so patients can see visible results within two weeks. We’re predicting this treatment will be hugely popular for those looking to trim unwanted fat.
- Liquid Facelifts: A liquid facelift involves injecting dermal fillers into the skin to plump up the skin. It differs from a surgical facelift in that it doesn’t involve cutting into the skin.
- Rhinoplasty: In 2021, rhinoplasties surpassed breast augmentations for the most-performed surgery, and we don’t see this stopping in 2022.