Led, in part, by indie brands, here are some spa- and beauty-focused trends that are blowing up social media.
1. Unicorn hair- Images of multi-colored hair in pastels like blue, pink, purple, and yellow are flooding the beauty pages on Instagram.
2. Gold cheeks- Tapping into the season’s golden glow, Instagrammers are wearing gold highlighter and yellow shadow on their cheeks.
3. Floral eye art- Beauty insiders are trading in their flower crowns for floral designs around the eyes using dried flowers and fresh blooms.
4. Scented tattoos- That’s right, trendsetters are sporting their signature scents in the form of temporary tattoos.
5. Bejeweled lips- Adding sparkle to the lips adds a twist to traditional lipstick application.
6. Mismatched manicures- Manicures with multiple colors and designs are flourishing on social media.
7. Glitter eyebrows- Defined and shaped eyebrows are highlighted with a range of glitter colors on Instagram.
8. Bath bombs- Social media is filled with users filming and photographing fizzing bath bombs in the tub.
9. Face masks- Discover sheet masks, peeling masks, bubbling masks, and more trending on social media.
10. Ombre lips- Born out of the ombre hair trend, now beauty insiders are shading their lips.
Read more from our third edition of Indie Beauty by American Spa in our latest digital edition.