Celebs were in full glam at the 24th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) this past weekend. Dressed to the nines, attendees were spotted with gorgeous outfits, hair, makeup, and nails. Mandy Moore (nominated for This is Us), Saoirse Ronan (nominated for Lady Bird), Yara Shahidi (nominated for Black-ish), Olivia Munn, and host Kristen Bell all graced the red carpet in stunning manicures from Essie. Take a look at what shades were donned, what techniques were used, and how you can give your clients the red-carpet treatment next time they pop in for their standard mani-pedi.
- Shades used: Mademoiselle and Speed.Setter top coat
- Inspiration: “Mandy’s shimmery, cobalt blue gown called for an elegant, feminine nail. Essie’smademoiselle, a classic sheer pink, was the ideal choice. We topped it off with speed.setter top coat for a high shine finish,” says celebrity manicurist Michelle Saunders.
- Shades used: Daytime Dreamer
- Inspiration: “Essie’s daytime dreamer was the ultimate match for Saoirse’s Louis Vuitton dress. The lilac blossom hue made for a fresh, monochromatic look,” says Saunders.
- Shades used: Skinny Dip
- Inspiration: “Essie’s skinny dip, a light peachy pink from the wild nudes collection, was the perfect shade to complement Kristen’s fair skin tone as well as her embellished J. Mendel ball gown,” says celebrity manicurist Emi Kudo.
- Shades: Licorice, Matte About You top coat
- Inspiration: “Pairing impeccably with her custom Ralph Lauren pant suit, Yara chose a bold, matte nail. We started with two coats of Essie’s licorice, a creamy jet black, and finished with matte about you top coat for an added modern edge,” says Kudo.
- Shades used: Licorice, Gel.Setter top coat
- Inspiration: “Olivia wanted her nails to play off her sparkling, Oscar de la Renta dress. We started with two coats of a classic, opaque black shade, licorice. Then, we created a variety of simple designs, mixing loose silver glitter with Essie’s gel.setter top coat to mimic the intricate, sequin details of her dress,” says celebrity manicurist Shigeko Taylor.