Educating the audience on social media networks Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, Online PR, YouTube and new entrant Foursquare, Turpel focused on Facebook because, astonishingly, 35% of all web traffic is from Facebook.
Here are some Facebook tips we should all take to heart:
- Be engaging and entertaining. Social media is like an online cocktail party – don’t talk about yourself all the time!
- Add social media to all your collateral – print, web EVERYWHERE
- Set up a Company Page & Get Followers--send an email to your existing customers saying “join us for special offers and news”
- Create Facebook Ads for your Business - You can target by location, age, gender and keywords on profiles, even people who are engaged! Always create an offer, and pay for click-throughs (PPC) not impressions.
- Be who you are. Your business has a personality – embody the vision that you have for your spa (casual, trendy, modern, socially responsible)
I'm headed to New Orleans for SpaExec this Friday, where Kathleen's social media experts Nikki Brown and Kayla Morgan will keynoting. Following will be a panel discussion with Vera Bibb, Spa Director, The Roosevelt Hotel, New Orleans, Kim Dudek, Owner, Belladonna Day Spa, Stacy Marcum,Spa Director, L'Auberge du Lac Casino Resort and moderated by our own Lisa Starr. For more info go to www.spaexec.net/neworleans.
Are you working the "word of mouse" factor? Let us know!
Can't wait to get event more juicy