Calling all women in wellness—it's that time of year again! Do you know a woman who is making a difference in the wellness industry? Here's your chance to have her recognized for all her hard work. American Spa has opened the nominations for the 2019 Women in Wellness Awards, marking the third installment of the celebratory program. Aimed at honoring women of the wellness industry for making a profound impact in the industry and beyond, nominations are open to the public and the winners, selected by wellness professionals, are published each Fall in American Spa magazine.
Each nomination will be charged a $25 entry fee, and all qualified submissions will be judged by a panel of esteemed wellness journalists based on the following criteria:
Influence: Does the nominee have the ability to create real change? What impact has she made in the industry?
Passion: How does she display her enthusiasm for the industry? Does she exude a true passion for the industry?
Inspiration: Is she an inspiration to others?
Innovation: Does she think outside the box? Are there examples of how she solves problems?
Accomplishments: How does she set herself apart from others? How does she make a difference?
The 2019 awards categories include:
- Industry Icon: We’ll honor a longtime female spa leader at the spa or manufacturer level, who sees the potential of our industry and has influenced its growth and success.
- Owner and Operator—Spa or Wellness Facility: We’ll honor the female owner of a spa or wellness facility who makes an impact by successfully managing with business acumen, creativity, integrity, and grace.
- Founder—Product or Equipment Company: We’ll honor the female founder of a wellness-centric product or equipment company who makes an impact by successfully managing with business acumen, creativity, integrity, and grace.
- Spa Director: We’ll honor a female spa director who leads a successful team and inspires her staff, her employer, and her clients with savvy business skills as well as courage, integrity, fairness, and creativity.
- Spa Consultant: We’ll honor a female spa consultant who helps create unique, meaningful, effective, and expertly crafted wellness spaces.
- Educator and Trainer: We’ll honor a woman who is making a difference in education and sharing her knowledge of industry topics, products, equipment, and more.
- Philanthropist: We’ll honor a woman who is making an altruistic impact on a charity or cause within the spa and wellness industry.
- Industry Insider: We’ll honor a woman known as a powerful connector and a mentor who connects like-minded members of the wellness world.
- Environmental Leader: We’ll honor a woman in wellness who is making significant strides in protecting, nourishing, and rejuvenating the planet.
- PR and Marketing Guru: We’ll honor a woman in wellness-related public relations and marketing who manages, creates, and shares the message of wellness-related locations, products, equipment, and more.
Nominations will be accepted through Friday, May 31, 2019. Winners will be announced online, on American Spa social media, and in the September/October 2019 print issue of American Spa. To submit your nominations, or for more information, visit www.womeninwellnessawards.com. For more info on the upcoming Women in Wellness West Coast Leadership Conference, visit www.americanspawiw.com.