It’s that time of year! A time where most of us consider taking on a goal or challenge we have been procrastinating about for some time. As a Nutrition and Weight Loss Consultant, I am often flooded with questions about dieting in January. This is the month where we are most motivated to make changes, but after a few weeks, this motivation rapidly dissipates back to old habits with minimal drive to achieve our weight loss goals. It is discouraging to see this cycle year after year and I firmly believe that we can all achieve our goal (as long as we are realistic and work within our individualized lifestyle and challenges.)
This is often a busy time of year for Destination Health & Weight Loss Spas, but not all of us have the time or investment to attend them. If you are seeking some quick tips to share with your clientele, here are a few I often recommend my clients try to stick to;
- Be Realistic – set goals that are attainable. Focus on one goal at a time.
- Journal and Reflect at least once per day – setting goals, yoga, meditation all help!
- Choose a diet that is nutritionally balanced, if needed seek advice of a nutrition expert.
- To kick start your weight loss, consider a professionally developed nutritional cleansing program.
- Choose living foods more often – aim to get at least 5 servings per day of fruits and vegetables
- Eat only from a plate (not from a bag or container.) Choose a quiet environment and eat slowly.
- Get some kind of physical activity each day, even if it's only for 20-30 minutes. No excuses.
- Pack healthy snacks when you are on the go. Organic protein or energy bars can help here.
- Schedule some time for yourself, even if it’s at the end of the day.
- Challenge your usual fitness routine. Try something new to recharge your body and mind.
- Allow yourself occasional treats, in moderation. Deprivation eventually leads to overindulgence!
Making Them Stick
Make your own personal best list of resolutions that will help you lose weight and improve your health. Keep the list with you and readily visible. It will serve as a motivator to help you make healthful changes each day. Lastly, get support! You would be amazed how effective a buddy system can help keep you on track.
Best of success!
Yours in Health & Beauty,