Today is a superstar skincare holiday, National Vitamin C Day. From those who worshipped the sun to spa-goers who want to turn back the clock without chemical peels and lasers, vitamin C is the answer to their prayers. Vitamin C plays a key role in the production of collagen for improved elasticity and counteracting wrinkle formation.
Last fall, I was invited to experience the C the Difference Anti-Oxidant Facial ($265, 90 minutes) at Ling Spa at Union Square (New York City) to reverse the effects of days in the sun and environmental stress of city life. Although I'm diligent about applying SPF from head-to-toe, I've discovered a few more freckles than I'd like. This brightening facial was perfect for smoothing out the sun damage. Little did I know, it was also a workout for my skin, incorporating ultrasonic technology to help the serum penetrate for enhanced effect. I kept the brightening going when I went home with a vitamin C-packed regimen. And here are more vitamin C-infused products to add to your retail line-up.
- DermaMed C-Difference: Ideal for sensitive skin, this lotion delivers vitamin C to tissues without irritation. www.dermamedsolutions.com
- Epicuren Discovery CXC Vitamin C Complex: A scientifically advanced blend of vitamin C-based antioxidants neutralizes free radicals and their damaging effects. www.epicuren.com
- Guinot Paris Newhite Vitamin C Brightening Serum: This pure vitamin C serum targets spots and evens out the complexion while protecting against free radicals and future damage. www.guinotusa.com
- Le Mieux Vita-C Serum: Enriched with vitamin B, two forms of vitamin C, and vitamin E, this formula restores a youthful glow, balances uneven tone, and softens roughness. www.lemieuxcosmetics.com
- Ling Hi-Vitamin C 12%: This antioxidant brightening solution contains vitamin C derived from ascorbic acid, which is effective for restoring an even skintone. It also contains centella asiatic extract, which promotes healthy skin and protects against free-radical damage. www.lingskincare.com
- PCA Skin Intensive Brightening Treatment: 0.5% Pure Retinol Night: Retinol (vitamin A) evens skintone, targeting red and yellow discoloration, and leaves skin looking radiant. www.pcaskin.com
- Pevonia YouthRenew Tinted Cream SPF 30: Containing marine collagen, sea whip extract, and vitamin C, this formula conceals and helps repair lines and wrinkles. www.pevoniapro.com
- Repêchage C-Serum Seaweed Filtrate: This highly concentrated seaweed extract is rich in 12 vitamins and helps prevent dehydration and fine lines and restores overall skin vitality. www.repechage.com
- Saian Pure Vitamin C Serum: Containing hyaluronic acid and three potent forms of vitamin C, this powerful antioxidant serum fights free radicals, stimulates collagen production, brightens skintone, and more. www.saian.net
- Skinprint B5 Bloom Radiance Serum: Leaving the complexion naturally smooth and hydrated, this formula contains vitamins B3 and B5 to promote tissue repair and hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate skin. www.skinprint.com
- Sothys Paris Ultra-C Dermobooster: Vitamin C targets hyperpigmentation and signs of aging to revitalize skin. It also neutralizes free-radical formation to protect against future damage. www.sothys-usa.com