The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) urges beauty professionals to pledge their support for the CUT IT OUT program to help end domestic violence. CUT IT OUT is dedicated to mobilizing spa and salon professionals and others to fight the epidemic of domestic abuse in communities across the United States. CUT IT OUT builds awareness of domestic abuse and trains spa and salon professionals to recognize warning signs and safely refer clients and fellow professionals to local resources.
To get more information and CUT IT OUT materials:
1. Go to www.probeauty.org/cutitout.
2. Sign the online pledge form and select the complimentary CUT IT OUT materials for your salon, spa or school.
3. Display the CUT IT OUT materials at your salon/spa's front desk, individual stations, break rooms, and the restroom. Materials are discreet, available in English and Spanish and have a toll-free number that can be easily removed where victims can call to get help, regardless of their location.
4. Schedule a one-hour CUT IT OUT training for your salon, spa, or school. Visit www.cutitout.org/training.html for additional information.
5. Share your spa and salon's involvement in CUT IT OUT by promoting it through social media channels.