Labor Day is here, but it’s not too late to keep the healthy glow of summer going strong for all your clients. We asked Noella Gabriel, cofounder and managing director of Elemis, about her recommendations for the best ingredients for skin in the summer. Here are the five ingredients that top her list.
- Antioxidants - Looking for antioxidants in your skincare can help fight against free radical damage, which occurs with increased outdoor exposure. For example Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules which contain pure moringa oil of rose absolute and lavender that contain 1,700 percent more antioxidant power than any other cosmetic oils. Getting rid of all the oxidants in the skin allows nutrients to be absorbed, clearing a pathway for the delivery of the anti-aging treatment products to work to its optimum.
- Seaweed – This ingredient is the source of wonder. Elements in seaweed extract include Iron, Zinc, Potassium, Copper and Peptides which all enable the skin to function at its maximum all year round which in turn results in anti-aging. We recommend using the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, containing Padina Pavonica, which is sourced off the coast of Malta and is a small brown fan-shaped seaweed to add hydration back into the skin after long days at the beach.
- Papaya Fruit Enzyme (Papain) - Complexion can get dull in the summertime due to dehydration, so I recommend exfoliating with one that includes a fruit enzyme. I can’t get enough of the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel that helps to brighten the complexion and boost skin radiance.
- Argan Oil – Soften and hydrate skin with products that include argan oil. This is the best way to infuse skin with a natural boost when it needs it most.
- Frangipani – Oils today are far more sophisticated in design and make much lighter textures. They are scented with essences, such as Frangipani (my favorite), which is a base of fine, high grade coconut oil infused with frangipani oil. Oils are essential to soften and de-stress skin, which can help treat aging or oily skin concerns, which is at an all-time high-come summer!
What are your favorite skincare ingredients for summer and transitioning into fall?