Everything old is new again. Or at least that's what many spa-goers hope about aging skin when they walk into your spa. Stock up on facial oils and treatments incorporating natural oils, and clients are in luck. Facial oils are an ancient anti-aging remedy that's receiving a lot of new praise for efficacy. Here, some of our experts weigh in on some of the most popular and effective oils used in skincare today.
- Argan oil, which contains fatty acids like linoleic, linolenic, oleic, palmitic, and stearic, is used as a moisturizing oil against acne.
- Corn oil, which is composed mainly of polyunsaturated fatty acids and low on saturated fat, is rich in omega-6 acid and vitamin E and is vital for the maintenance of healthy skin. It also helps protect the skin from free radicals and soothes skin irritation.
- Coconut oil contains a high concentration of fatty acids, as well as vitamins E and K and iron. According to Marta O’Connor, corporate educator at Yon-Ka Paris, it is one of the best oils to prevent dry and flaky skin and helps to prevent skin problems, including dermatitis, eczema, or psoriasis.
- Jojoba oil, which is beneficial to all skin types, penetrates deeply into the skin, bringing moisture to all layers of the skin, according to Nachman.
- Lavender oil relaxes the mind and body and helps reduce anxiety and stress.
- Rosehip seed oil is high in essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 and also contains provitamin A. It is used to treat various skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema, and it is also effective in boosting circulation and keeping complexions looking youthful and radiant.
- Soybean oil, which is an antioxidant-rich oil, helps treat sun-damaged skin, keeps skin healthy, and protects it from free radicals.
- Sunflower oil is high in vitamins E and K and helps protect skin from free radicals.
- Ylang Ylang oil helps to relax and awaken the body.
Ready to drill down? Learn more about fabulous facial oils here.