There’s a movement happening in the natural beauty world that is gaining momentum as consumers seek out effective natural deodorants. Natural deodorant is an alternative to antiperspirant, which has been found to have negative effects on the body, such as clogging sweat ducts with aluminum. To make matters worse, aluminum has been potentially linked to breast cancer. However, wellness-seekers are sometimes hesitant to switch to a natural deodorant, because they fear the natural deodorants don’t battle sweat and smell as well as traditional deodorants and antiperspirants. Fortunately, we have a few favorites that will indeed keep your clients dry and odor free.
- Crystal Invisible Solid Sticks slide on clear, meaning no white marks. They feature essential oils and are free of aluminum, parabens, and artificial fragrances. The sticks come in unscented, lavender and white tea, vanilla jasmine, and chamomile and green tea.
- PHFresh uses a magnesium-enriched formula and prebiotics to eliminate odor for up to 24 hours. The sticks are also gluten-free and vegan.
- Freedom Deodorant uses arrowroot, baking soda, coconut oil, kaolin clay, and tapioca flour. The recently launched roll-on option uses green tea extract, probiotics, and magnesium. The different ingredients help heal the skin.
- Deozein Natural Deodorant by Source Vitál Apothecary features essential oils, including lavandin, lemon, patchouli, and tea tree. The formula protects the skin from bacteria that cause odor.
- Piper Wai’s natural deodorant uses activated charcoal to absorb moisture and keep the underarms dry, and it uses skin-conditioning ingredients to avoid skin irritation. The formula is full of 11 essential oils, including clove leaf, tea tree, and more.
- Meow Meow Tweet uses unrefined plant oils, butters, cold-pressed essential oils and more in its deodorants. The deodorant comes with or without baking soda, and the stick packaging is biodegradable.
- Native deodorant prevents odors and absorbs wetness with acidopilus, a probiotic; baking soda; vegecides, an ingredient from vegetables that kills odor- causing bacteria; and arrowroot powder.
- Purequosa is most effective when applied before and after a workout, and can used multiple times per day if needed. It uses colloidal silver to kill bacterium, viruses, and fungi, which disables the oxygen-metabolism enzymes that produce smell. The brand just launched two new scents for 2018: energy, which uses orange, lemon tea tree, and spearmint essential oils, and recovery, which uses wintergreen, cedar wood, ginger, and aloe.