In addition to the commonly used herbs in skincare today, there are a number of lesser-known herbs that are starting to pop up in products and treatments. Here are five uncommon herbs you should consider incorporating into your spa's treatments.
- Ashwagandha – Strengthens the body's response to stress and fights fatigue.
- Cardamom – Features antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that improve blood circulation and acts as a stimulant and natural antidepressant.
- Clove – Reduces inflammation and improves blood circulation in the skin.
- Cotton Thistle – Helps with epidermal regeneration and collagen synthesis.
- Stonecrop – Evens skintone, treats pigmentation, fights free radicals, and soothes irritation.
- Yarrow – Reduces inflammation and tightens the skin.