It’s important for clients to update their makeup bags to reflect the needs of their skin during each and every season. Here are some tips from cosmetics connoisseurs to help your clients get their makeup bags summer-ready.
- “I recommend that clients update their beauty bags each season like they do with their wardrobe. For the summer months, I recommend switching foundation formulas—opt for a tinted moisturizer, powder foundation, and a flawless coverage liquid, all with SPF. This will allow different formulas for different occasions. When working out or spending time at the beach, go for the tinted moisturizer. For the office or meeting friends for cocktails, reach for the powder foundation. For summer weddings or black-tie events, opt for the flawless coverage liquid foundation. I also recommend a fluid highlighter. It’s so versatile—you can apply it on the cheekbones and all over the body for instant, glowing skin.”—Edgar Dominguez, global educator, Jane Iredale
- “A staple gloss that plumps and hydrates is perfect for summer.”—Dena Bruckman, marketing director, Grande Cosmetics
- “Glossy lips and glossy skin are back and more beautiful than ever. Keeping a nude, shimmery gloss in a beauty bag will ensure that lips look fuller and kissable both day and night but can also be used to dab a bit to the tops of cheekbones to highlight.”—Ami Mallon, global corporate educator, Osmosis Skincare/Colour
- “The top three product updates for beauty bags are an eye cream, a sheer lip crayon, and a waterproof mascara. During the summer season, our outdoor activities tend to make up the most of our weekend. Looking fresh for the summer is a necessity and very achievable.”—Pedro Curiel, brand ambassador, Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics
- “Whether a suncare routine is already part of your makeup or you’re using a sunscreen separately, SPF is very important. Sunscreen is a definite must-have for warmer months.”—Sanem Ahearn, global marketing director, Colorescience