Some chemical sunscreens, while effective at sun protection, can cause reactions in the skin and may not be suitable for all skin types. Here are some ingredients you may want to avoid when choosing a sunscreen to retail.
- AVOBENZONE: Can accelerate skin aging and release free radicals that may increase the risk for cancer.
- HOMOSALATE: Can disrupt hormones.
- OCTINOXATE: Can disrupt hormones and cause premature aging.
- OCTISALATE: Can cause allergic reactions.
- OCTOCRYLENE: Can damage cells.
- OXYBENZONE: Can cause allergic reactions and disrupt hormones.
- RETINYL PALMITATE: Can damage DNA, cause aging, and may even increase the risk of cancer.