The popular flavors of fall simply aren’t my cup of tea. Spices like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg don’t make me giddy like the masses clamoring for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I do enjoy the crisp air and fresh produce like apples, pumpkins, and squash before the spices come into play this time of year. I know I’m not alone, and that’s why it’s nice to consider a variety of flavors in your seasonal menu to ensure it captivates all spa-goers and their unique taste buds. Here are a few ways that spas appeal to guests this fall.
For the pie-lovers:
- Pumpkin Facial: The Orange Poppy Pumpkin Facial at Well & Being at The Four Seasons Resort & Club Dallas at Las Colinas incorporates pumpkin puree and active yogurt cultures to deep clean pores, while a natural blend of anti-aging turmeric, poppy seeds, whole milk and white clay exfoliates, leaving skin with a youthful, natural glow.
- Pumpkin Latte Facial: Featuring a scrumptious pumpkin soufflé mask, this hydrating treatment refreshes tired skin and restores a radiant complexion at Spa Las Palmas at Omni Rancho Las Palmas (Rancho Mirage, CA).
- Pumpkin Spice Services: At the Spa at Conrad Miami, guests can unwind through the Pumpkin Body Treatment with dulce de leche sugar scrub and pumpkin mousse body wrap or the Fall Glow Manicure & Pedicure featuring a pumpkin spice scrub and moisture cream. Guests who book a fall-flavored treatment receive a complimentary yoga class on the outdoor terrace, overlooking the Miami cityscape and Biscayne Bay.
- Apple Cider Warm Up: As Michigan is known for growing apples, the spa at the JW Marriott Grand Rapids offers a Warm Up treatment featuring fresh Michigan cider, a brown sugar body scrub, and cinnamon-infused massage. To top it off, guests can enjoy a warm cup of cider to sip on before and after the treatment.
- Maple Walnut Sugar Scrub: Inspired by the bountiful resources of the Finger Lakes Region, Ithaca’s August Moon Spa utilizes a local maple walnut sugar scrub for its N.Y. State’s Finest Scrub. The Ithaca-based spa scrub gently exfoliates to promote soft and moisturized skin.
- Body Buff with Warm Milk & Honey: At Bliss Spa at W South Beach, spa lovers can relax with this trademark skin-softening treatment featuring skin-softening treats: a carrot mulch and hot oil rubdown, warm milk and honey drizzle, supple-upping wrap, sesame seed and sea salt scrub, and Vichy shower.
- Warm Brown Sugar Massage: Perfect for pampering dry skin, this healing massage at Canyon Ranch SpaClub at The Venetian (Las Vegas) is rich with the enticing aromas of brown sugar and vanilla. Shea butter and safflower oil provide intense hydration to seal in moisture while leaving skin silky smooth. Aloe vera and vitamin E nourish and protect to keep skin looking radiant from head to toe.
For the coffee-drinkers:
- Caribbean Coffee Body Scrub: Relax and awaken simultaneously with the Mandara Spa’s Caribbean Coffee Body Scrub Ritual. Located amongst the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort’s 500 acres of lush flora and fauna, the spa uses locally ground Caribbean coffee, vanilla and spice oil to smooth and revitalize.
- Café latte exfoliation: Located in the heart of San Juan, Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino's Zen Spa uses ground local coffee beans, peppermint and botanical extracts in its café latte treatment to invigorate skin, exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal healthier looking skin.
- Antioxidant Coffee Body Wrap: Set on a 30-acre coffee plantation, guests at Costa Rica Marriott San Jose can experience the Kuö Spa, which features an Antioxidant Coffee Body Wrap using local coffee, which removes impurities and provides essential vitamins and minerals to nourish and revitalize the body.