SpaBoom, an instant gift certificate and e-marketing spa company, announced the results of a survey conducted among hundreds of spa owners regarding trends in spa gifting. Findings include:
- Women are most likely to buy spa gift cards and certificates for a man, specifically their husbands or significant others, followed by friends and their mothers.
- For men, spa means romance, so they purchase a spa gift for their wives or significant others more often than any other person. Also, spas report that at least 10 percent of spa gifts given by men include the message 'I'm sorry.'
- The gift of massage outranks all other treatments for both male and female spa gift-givers, followed by facials and multi-treatment packages.
- Spas report that the fastest growing massage treatment is the traditional Swedish and deep tissue massage, followed by hot stone, couples' massage, and Thai massage.
- A significant majority of spas report that gift certificate redeemers at their spa consistently spend more than the face amount of their original certificate.
For a complete list of results, visit www.spaboom.com.