February is recognized as the month of love, but it’s also known as National Grapefruit Month. While this superfruit certainly offers a distinctive taste, it’s also a power-food. This sweet and tangy citrus fruit helps boost the immune system during the winter months when colds and flus are at their peak. Rich in healthy antioxidants and vitamins A and C, grapefruit extract can also work as an astringent, ideal for oily and acne-prone skin. Share these delicious and easy cocktail recipes featuring Pink Grapefruit Sparkling ICE, a zero-calorie naturally flavored sparkling water, with your clients to celebrate this wonderful month.
Pink Grapefruit Sparkler
2 oz. Pink Grapefruit Sparkling ICE
3 oz. white wine, preferably Moscato
Mint leaves for garnish
- Pour white wine over ice.
- Top with Pink Grapefruit Sparkling ICE. Garnish with mint leaves.
Jalapeno Grapefruit Martini
3 oz. Pink Grapefruit Sparkling ICE
1 1Ž2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. lime juice
Sliced fresh jalapeño
Chili salt for rim of glass (Kosher salt mixed with chili powder)
- Use a lime wedge to rub the entire rim of a chilled martini glass, and dip into chili salt mixture.
- Combine vodka and jalapeno slices with ice in a shaker.
- Strain and pour into the chilled martini glass.
- Top with Pink Grapefruit Sparkling ICE.
- Garnish with a few Jalapeno slices.
Learn more about invigorating grapefruit and other citrus fruits in this month’s Citrus Splash feature.