Whenever the Olympics come around, I become a complete couch potato. It's quite ironic considering the incredible athletic feats capturing my attention. All the super-fit athletes are also inspiring me to up my own workout game between my favorite events. It's not nearly at Olympian level, but I try to challenge myself with something new every few weeks. Earlier this summer I enjoyed a preview of Trump International Hotel & Tower New York's summer bootcamp in Central Park. It was so effective—I was sore for days—that I immediately asked for a rundown of all the moves. Now I'll admit that I haven't completed the circuits since then, but here's the whole workout that anyone with a bit of self-motivation (maybe a lot of motivation) and determination can complete outside or inside. All you need is a yoga mat and a small space. Get ready to sweat!
Warm Up: High Skips, Walking Lunges, Side Shuffle
Repeat each move for 30 seconds, repeat each circuit twice. Rest between circuits.
- Jump Squats
- Push Ups
- Sit Ups
- B-Boys: Facing the sky, bridge the body with both hands and feet on the ground, touch one hand to the opposite foot out in front. Switch and repeat.
- Moving Plank—Start on forearms and go up on hands, moving continuously.
- Mountain Climber
- High Knees
- Downward Dog Push Up: Basically a "yoga push-up", which is going down into the pose known as chaturanga and then transitioning up to Down Dog
- Plank Thrust
- Bicycle Crunch
- Plyo Lunge: Cycling lunges, jumping in place, switching legs midair.
- Long Jump: Leap forward aiming for a full length of the yoga mat and jump backward in small hops to return to starting point.
- Plank Jacks: In a plank position, feet together, jump feet out wide and return to start.
- Bird Dog: In a push up position, lift one arm straight up and the opposite leg as the same time. Hold briefly and switch, repeat.
- Skater: Hopping laterally side to side on one foot, like an Olympic speed skater.
- Pop Up Squat
- Lateral Hops: Keep feet together, hop left and right as quickly as possible (mimicking the motion of skiing).
- Single Leg Deadlift
- Side Plank with Knee Tuck
- Butt Bridge with Marching Legs