Inspired by ancient Indonesian traditions, the Sothys Indonésie Ancestrale Body Ritual reconnects the mind, body, and soul. The journey begins and ends with Mayonggo, an in-depth energy breathing ritual to release negative tension and restore positive energy. Allow the body to inhale the fragrant scents of sweet floral jasmine and rich, earthy sandalwood while the therapist performs a relaxing massage inspired by traditional Indonesian practices. Deep enveloping massage, acupressure techniques, and healing energy points intertwine with sonotherapy to activate the body’s natural healing processes and restore internal harmony. This peaceful journey will transport guests to the rich and diverse Indonesian landscape with lush gardens, rolling hills, and a vibrant tropical oasis, leaving the guest feeling restored, balanced, and centered. "Indonésie Ancestrale is a guided journey of breathing, stretching, acupressure, and energetic techniques," says Shawnda Brooks, National Educator, Sothys USA. "Our exclusive music, inspired by Indonesian instruments and the meditative scent of jasmine and sandalwood, will help rebalance your client’s energy. This treatment is designed to promote a deeper connection between the therapist and the client.”
1. Mayonggo Energy Breathing Ritual Sugeng Rawuh (Welcome): Start the music, and then perform the exercises standing up with the client facing the spa professional. This ritual includes a five-minute set of deep-breathing exercises through the nose and stretching movements to allow the client and professional to release negative tension and restore positive energy in preparation for the treatment. The objective is for the client to reap the full benefits of the treatment. *Here’s an example of how to introduce the ritual: “We will begin the treatment with a Mayonggo energy breathing ritual, which combines deep breathing through the nose and relaxing stretching exercises for five minutes. This is to help you relax, release tension (stress, bad posture, etc.), and create positive energy to clear your mind, ensuring you benefit fully from everything the treatment has to offer. Just let yourself be guided, relax and breathe deeply through your nose.” At the end of the ritual, invite the client to lie down on the treatment bed, facing downward. Cover the back side with a bath towel.
2. Massage: Begin on the back by making contact on the towel. Using the Nourishing Modelling Elixir, massage the whole body and head starting with the back side, then the front side. At the end of the massage, place the sarong onto the bath sheet. Gently slide down the bath sheet, holding the top of the sarong in position. Position the arms on the sarong. Help the client slowly to a seating position on the treatment bed. Tie the sarong at the back and bring the client’s legs around to the side of the bed.
3. Mayonggo Energy Breathing Ritual Matur Suwun (Thank You): Exercises are performed with the client seated on the edge of the bed, then standing up while the client faces the professional. This ritual includes a set of deep-breathing exercises through the nose with stretching and flexibility exercises for the upper body to allow the client and professional to release any remaining tension and prepare to return to everyday life. The objective is to finalize the benefits of the treatment and release any lingering tension with a gentle return to reality. *Here’s an example of how to introduce the second ritual: “I’d like you to sit up slowly on the edge of the bed. We will finish this treatment with a second Mayonggo energy breathing ritual session to eliminate any lingering tension and fill you with the positive energy you need to go on with your day.”
1. Sandalwood and Jasmine Escape Aromatic Shower Oil develops into a fine foam on contact with water, leaving the skin soft and delicately scented.
2. Sandalwood and Jasmine Escape Aromatic Spray Body and Hair is a multipurpose perfumed water that infuses a sophisticated floral, spicy, and woody aroma.
3. Sandalwood and Jasmine Escape Exfoliating Body Wax is enriched with 100 percent natural exfoliants to leave the skin soft, supple, and delicately scented.
Looking to offer Sothys products and treatments at your spa? Reach out to Sothys at (800) 305-0503 or www.sothys-usa.com.