This unique facial and massage treatment seamlessly weaves thermal wellness with Kindred Skincare’s primarily organic plant-based products. Relaxation begins with a thermaHerbal Poultice compress massage. The face is then oil cleansed and an organic, signature blend of clays and botanicals is applied and massaged into the skin with the beautiful, versatile, and natural thermaBliss Cowrie Shell. The treatment finishes with the practice of Shinrin-yoku, or “forest bathing,” with mists of a hydrosol that soothes the skin and clears the energy with essential oils and aspen bark.
Here, discover how to treat your clients to thermaBliss and Kindred Skincare Co.'s Heat-Crafted Massage & Facial.
What You'll Need:
The thermaBliss self-heating Cowrie Shell activates instantly with warm water and lasts up to 60 minutes, stimulating the skin’s natural processes of vasodilation and hydration. This protocol features several of Kindred Skincare’s organic, oil-based skincare products, including the Oil Cleanse, which penetrates the skin and loosens the effects of the day without stripping the skin; Polish Cleanse, which brightens, smooths, and exfoliates the skin; Clay Mask, which helps reveal fresh and bright skin; Intense Moisture, which is a tamanu butter-based moisturizer loaded with antioxidants to revitalize delicate facial tissues; and Shinrin Énergie Mist, which is a moisturizing mist that soothes the skin and clears the energy with essential oils and aspen bark.
1. Activate thermaHerbal poultice Detox & Energize. Prepare Clay Mask, then warm Clay Mask and Intense Moisture in a small bowl or towel warmer.
2. Ensure client is in the prone position, and undrape the client’s back, shoulders, and neck. Use the poultice to compress in small circles, starting at the quadratus lumborum and moving up.
3. Reverse and continue the compressions. Transition to the other side and repeat.
4. Standing at the client’s head, use the poultice to compress in small circles through the upper traps into the neck to the occipital ridge.
5. Ensure client is in the supine position, and beginning at the client’s wrist, use the poultice to compress with small circles. Continue compressions through the forearm, bicep, over the shoulder, and into the pectoralis region, then reverse the direction back down to the wrist.
6. Repeat compressions to the shoulder and into the upper trapezius and neck. Reverse direction back down to the wrist. Transition to the other side and repeat.
7. Standing at the client’s head, use the poultice to compress in small circles through the upper traps into the neck to the occipital ridge.
8. Cover décolletage and shoulders with blanket. Rest the poultice on the sternum (heart chakra) through the drape.
9. Cleanse the face with Oil Cleanse and remove with warm wet towels.
10. Dry skin and apply Polish Cleanse. Remove and then, using a thin fan brush, gently apply the warm Clay Mask in an even layer over a gauze mask.
11. Activate the thermaBliss Cowrie Shell with Facial Blend and use it to press the Clay Mask into the gauze. Continue to work the shell over the mask.
12. Once the mask has dried, starting from the bottom, roll the mask up, trying to remove as much of the clay mask as possible. Use a warm, wet washcloth to remove any residual clay.
13. Mist the face with Shinrin Énergie Mist to calm the energy, as well as remove any traces of mask.
14. Brush on the warm Intense Moisture and use the thermaBliss Cowrie Shell to massage the face.
Looking to offer Spa Revolutions products and treatments at your spa? Reach out to Spa Revolutions at (888) 827-4683 or visit www.sparevolutions.com.