Leticia Fernandez, spa director of Se Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen, Mexico), shares a winter-inspired vegan spa recipe for Turmeric-Infused Healthy Cocoa. This easy-to-make wintery drink benefits the immune system, helps with inflammation, and more.
Turmeric-Infused Healthy Cocoa Ingredients:
• 3 cups of almond milk
• 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
• 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
• 3 teaspoons of ground turmeric
• A pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Place ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Whisk all ingredients until they simmer and a smooth consistency is achieved.
3. Remove from heat, pour into a mug, and enjoy!
For a closer look at some great winter-inspired packages and treatments, check out the Jan/Feb issue of American Spa.