Saturday, June 12 is the annual Global Wellness Day, and Rosewood Hotels & Resorts is debuting this year's programming comprised of a variety of engaging virtual demonstrations and exercises produced to promote the overarching theme of this year’s event, which focuses on the importance of mental wellness and health in everyday life. In celebration of the event, Rosewood properties in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East will release videos on their Instagram channels, along with the brand channel, as a complement to the in-person wellness experiences offered at each respective hotel and resort. Ranging from a simple face yoga routine led by the resident Naturopath at Asaya Hong Kong to a series of meditations designed to increase mindfulness led by specialist Heidi Winslow at Rosewood Miramar Beach, the virtual programming consists of techniques and routines that can be recreated at home to improve one’s overall wellbeing. “Celebrating Global Wellness Day is now more important than ever, as individuals increasingly prioritize physical and mental wellness and look to create a healthier daily routine in response to the unprecedented challenges many have faced this past year,” says Niamh O’Connell, group vice president of Asaya and wellness for Rosewood Hotel Group. “This year, we are thrilled to offer virtual programming from our properties worldwide to inspire viewers to recognize the value of their lives and focus on their wellbeing in an accessible way.”
Virtual Global Wellness Day programming from Rosewood Hotels & Resorts includes:
- Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel (France): Director of Sense, A Rosewood Spa, Marlène Belvalette, shares four simple desk exercises that can be done at work to help relieve stress.
- Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort (Mexico): A demonstration of quick and approachable fitness exercises is highlighted for viewers to follow along and recreate at home to help keep a sharp mind and body.
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates): A curated wellness routine is demonstrated, consisting of a morning run along the promenade, learning to make an Energizing Mango & Detox Dragon Fruit smoothie with one of the hotel’s chefs and ending with mindful sunset yoga on the outdoor deck.
- Rosewood Baha Mar (The Bahamas): Fitness instructor LaKrista Strachan shares her knowledge on Kemetic Yoga, a style of yoga dating back to Ancient Egypt, showcasing the Ma’at Ka sequence, which focuses on breath and balance.
- Rosewood Bangkok (Thailand): A step-by-step demonstration shows how to recreate the hotel’s Sense of Calm Scalp Massage at home using two simple ingredients.
- Rosewood Beijing (China): Filmed with Sense, A Rosewood Spa as the backdrop, an enchanting Tai Chi Sword Show educates viewers on the art of the practice and its benefits to one’s mind, body and spirit.
- Rosewood Bermuda (Bermuda): A set of simple yoga poses to help viewers of all skill types feel better and move well is shown following a glance of the beautiful outdoor space at the island retreat.
- Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (Italy): Viewers can follow along as herbs are thoughtfully collected from the garden on property to be used in massages and treatments at the spa.
- Rosewood Guangzhou (China): An overview of a simple workout routine set within the hotel showcases simple exercises starting with a warmup and swim in the pool and including core, function and strength training.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia (Canada): Sasa Zec, the spa manager, leads a short yoga session to guide viewers through a simple routine to help transition into a more relaxed and healthier state of mind.
- Rosewood Hong Kong (Hong Kong SAR): Saimaa Miller, resident Naturopath at Asaya, shares a simple and quick routine for face yoga, a practice that is greatly beneficial for the physical and mental wellbeing.
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay (British Virgin Islands): A guided presentation of relaxation techniques leads viewers in a step-by-step routine that focuses on the mind, body and soul.
- Rosewood London (United Kingdom): Oona Series founders and Rosewood PlaceMakers, Catie Miller and Boniface Verney-Carron, share their philosophy of holistic movement and thinking through an interactive workout.
- Rosewood Mayakoba (Mexico): Resident Ayurveda practitioner Daniel Seymour shares important mental health and wellness tips to bring good habits into one’s everyday life by creating goals to create sustainable wellness.
- Rosewood Miramar Beach (California): Meditation specialist Heidi Winslow guides viewers through Pause Meditation, which helps one bring awareness to the moment and focus on thoughts and feelings at any given time.
- Rosewood Phnom Penh (Cambodia): A morning wellbeing ritual is showcased, starting with a run along landmarks such as the Mekong River and the Royal Palace and ending at the Wat Phnom Buddhist Temple, complete with a monk blessing.
- Rosewood Phuket (Thailand): Visiting practitioner Toby Maguire demonstrates breathwork techniques that can be used anywhere to help with one’s mental health by relaxing the body and calming the mind.
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende (Mexico): A Wellness Path at the hotel is highlighted, showcasing a multitude of health and wellbeing activities including a morning run on the property, a guided meditation, a Float Fit routine in the pool and yoga in the garden.
- Rosewood Sand Hill (California): Set against stunning aerial views and videography of the Northern Californian property, a guided meditation walks viewers through the importance of mindfulness.
- Rosewood Sanya (China): A short yoga retreat demonstrates key yoga poses in a serene setting that get one’s mind and body easily balanced.
To view the virtual programming visit https://www.instagram.com/rosewoodhotels/channel/.