When researching different software providers, look for those that can perform the following functions:
- Work on any mobile device: It's important to use a software that both you as the owner/operator can use remotely, but one clients can use as remotely as well. Less and less time is being spent at our desktop computers or laptops, and having a service that can be accessed by both front and back end remotely is imperative to keeping the lines of communication open.
- Mimic real operational situations that happen in spas: It should provide growth indicators, such as frequency of visit, average ticket, and guest retention as well as information on room management and product tracking.
- Conquer common scheduling issues: For example, a software system should be able to handle scenarios like a couples’ massage that takes place in one room and resources that can serve more than one client at a time.
- Manage and grow the spa’s business: In addition to managing the online booking option, an ideal software program will also take charge of schedules, staff management, payments, business operations, revenue, what products and services are selling the best, what appointment times are the most popular, and more.
- Provide add-on options: It’s important that a software program allows clients to book add-on services to treatments, which can enhance a spa-goer’s experience and provide additional revenue to the spa.